Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Sewing - Denim Crazy Quilt Update


I have the denim crazy quilt top finished and am taking a deep breath (and short rest) before tackling the quilting.  This thing is heavy!  Just sewing the top felt like I was wrestling - a good upper body workout!


I decided to separate each of the squares out - I sewed strips of a white on white printed fabric with squares of the backing fabric, sewed strips of the quilt squares with the white fabric, and then sewed these together.  The hardest part was making sure everything lined up - it required some ripping out and resewing.

Now I'm off to find some very thin quilt batting - this doesn't need to be any thicker!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful!! You could try curtain lining as batting - Allie Aller uses it for her crazy quilts, she blogs about it here:

    http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.ca/2012/07/easiest-cq-finish-everherringbone.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really turned out wonderful. I love all the lace and embellishments you have going on. Yup this looks heavy, but how warm is this going to be? Great job. Cant wait to see what you come up with for the back.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made a quilt and I was delighted with the top. Nice vision!

    ReplyDelete