Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Thinking of Christmas ...


Is it too early to be thinking of Christmas?!  I have all these ideas for autumn and Halloween fiber projects .... and here I am knitting Christmas dish cloths.  Eating a candy cane.

I saw this leftover giant skein of Christmas colored worsted weight cotton in my stash yesterday (it's from Bernat)  and all I wanted to do is sit and knit with it!  And actually, I made a new discovery - I wanted dishcloths that were more loosely knit than worsted weight cotton usually ends up so I grabbed a pair of size 10 1/2 needles to see what that would do.  Wow!  Soft, fluffy, and luxurious feeling - I could wrap myself in it!  These are done with 35 cast on stitches and straight knitting until I ended up with a square.



So now I'm trying some for washcloths .....


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Too early!!! I have done some Christmas shopping. I just want to enjoy fall....I wish it was fall all year long.......sigh :)

    ReplyDelete