Monday, December 8, 2014

How I Learned to Knit Sweaters


After a couple of years of knitting wash cloths, scarves, and other flat things, I finally got the courage up to try a sweater!  Following the advice of several sage knitters I know, I began with a baby sweater.  This turned out to be a very good idea - when something didn't go right, I didn't feel bad about taking it out since the sweater was so small.

For my first pattern, I chose one from an excellent book I came across, Knitting for the Absolute Beginner by Alison Dupernex.  The pattern was written in easy to understand terms and included a large number of photo tutorials.  There were a couple of places I got a little unsure, but a quick Google search of the term or technique got me back on track.




As you probably noticed, this sweater is not sewn together yet!  I knit this for Henry before he was born and he's turning out to be a pretty big boy.  The sleeves just don't look long enough to me, so I'm waiting to see him again and do some measuring - I'll probably be re-knitting them to be longer, but they go quickly so that's okay!

Now I'm busy with Christmas sweaters for Henry and Charlie!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment