Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Marsala


By now you've probably heard that Pantone's color of the year is Marsala, described as an earthy red wine color.  I think it looks like a maroon with a bit of brownish edge.  For some reason, this is not a color I own much of - I really do like it, though!  It reminds me of autumn, cider, and crisp morning air.

So where does it show up around me?  It's currently on my knitting needles - Tanis Green Label Aran Yarn in Garnet.


My favorite placemats ....


and my favorite baseball shirt.


And my favorite jacket to wear on those cool autumn days!


I'm thinking a hat and scarf/shawl in marsala would be perfect, so I went looking for yarns.

Malabrigo's Cherrywood colorway ...


... and Cascade 220's Red Wine Heather are the front runners so far.


And it's pretty much time for new dish cloths in my kitchen and KnitPick's Cotlin in Pomegranate would look great!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment