Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Hillary Fayle

I really thought I would have my leaf project done by now - there didn't seem to be any way it couldn't be!  But then I forgot about how crazy busy the first week of school is - this house has a teacher going back and a new kindergartnerer.  And with the unusually warm summer here in our part of the northwest, the apples ripened a few weeks early.  All at once.  We're talking about buckets and bucket worth!  So it's probably not surprising my stitching time was cut back.  However, here's a sneak peek ....


.... and an amazing artist to check out.

Hillary Fayle is one of those artists whose work makes you look at ordinary objects in a new way.  Working with castoffs from nature - leaves, twigs, acorn caps, and more - and what must be an extraordinarily steady hand, she manages to embroider on these fragile pieces with delicate stitches and threads.  It's beautiful!




Be sure to check out her website and her blog to see and read about more of her work.

As for me, I'm off to can applesauce .... with a few embroidery breaks.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment